Who can apply?
Individuals with employment contract who:
- In the absence of any reason other than the Pandemic, respectively the State of Emergency / Emergency Epidemic Situation / Restrictive Anti-Epidemic Measures, the person ceases to perform remunerated work for his employer and is / has been on unpaid leave;
- The person has a total of at least 3 (three) months of employment in the period between 01.01.2020, including the date of his application for a loan.
- As of the date of applying for a loan for the Eligible Person under an employment contract, the social security contributions due for the period of the employment relationship have been declared and / or paid after 01.01.2020 inclusive.
- The person has returned to work / continued to work after the termination of unpaid leave.
As a consequence of the Pandemic, respectively the State of Emergency / Emergency Epidemic Situation / Restrictive Anti-Epidemic Measures
- The person has interrupted the activity he / she performs as a self-insured person or
- The person shall suffer at least of 20% decrease in his / her income for the first quarter of 2020 or for any subsequent quarter of 2020 or 2021, but during the term of the Program, compared to his / her income in the respective quarter, his chosen quarter of 2019 or 2020.
- As of the date of applying for a loan, for the self-insured person the insurance contributions due for the period after 01.01.2020 inclusive, in which he has carried out activity, have been declared and / or paid.
- The person will resume / has resumed the exercise of activity after the reason for the interruption of the activity disappears.
Terms and characteristics of the loan
- Loan amount: up to BGN 6 900
- Currency: BGN
- Without loan collateral
- After the expiration of the grace period, the loan will be repaid in equal installments.
- 5 years repayment period (60 months)
- 0% interest rate
- 6 moths and no more than 24 months grace period
- No commission will be charged if the loan is repaid early
Application for interest-free loans does can be done via the Call Centre of the bank available at 0700 184 84 (short *18484) or in a UniCredit Bulbank’s branch. The clients can fill in the online form on for individual clients - and employees of the bank they will contact them.
For a loan in the amount of BGN 6 900, a grace period of 24 months for the repayment installments and a total term of the loan - 5 years, the monthly repayment installment after the expiry of the grace period is BGN 191,67. The costs for opening and maintenance of the account servicing the loan are described in detail in the Agreement for the relevant type of account, and according to the Tariff of UniCredit Bulbank for the fees and commissions for Individuals, applicable as of the date of their due payment. Pre-agreement information about a loan of BGN 6 900 with a term of 5 years serviced on a standard current account can be viewed here.
The loan program’s application period is open until 30.06.2021.
The loans are provided on the basis of contracts concluded until 12.07.2021 inclusive.
The Bank has the right to an independent assessment, in relation to the Eligible Persons, and may approve a lower than the requested amount of Credit, but not less than a total of 2 600 BGN.
UniCredit Bulbank’s priority is to be a reliable and predictable partner of its clients. The bank have already offered several mechanisms with concrete relief measures for customers affected by the COVID-19 crisis, like moratorium approved by the BNB, and is now taking part in the program for interest-free loans for individuals, supporting them to get out of this unexpected crisis faster. We will support as well customers who need specific solutions.
Teodora Petkova, CEO and Chairman of the Management Board of UniCredit Bulbank.