Debit Mastercard Teens
Characteristics and fees
Debit Mastercard Teens is an international debit card with contactless functionality and special design ensuring secure access to your funds. It can be issued as:
- An additional card for an underage person– from 14 to 18 years of age, to a main debit card of a parent/guardian
- A main Debit Mastercard Teens (with the explicit consent of a parent/guardian), including subscription to Bulbank Mobile
Specific characteristics of the productIcon
- Lower transaction limits compared to the standard levels of Debit MasterCard
- An option to limit Internet transactions
- Restrictions of the use of the card with regard to specific merchant outlets related to subject of activity such as gambling, alcohol, cigarettes, etc.)
Teenagers at the age of 14-18 years
Chip, magnetic stripe and contactless functionality
BGN, EUR, USD depending on the currency of the main card/account
Validity of the cardIcon
4 years, without an option for automatic re-issuance following the expiry of the card validity term
Time limit for issuingIcon
- Standard - 5 business days
- Express - up to 48 hours
You manage the status of your card free-of-charge via Bulbank Mobile using the blocking and activation functions of the main card.
24/7 Customer Service CentreIcon
In case of an accident or if you need to check the card balance
Preferential conditions and special programmesIcon
Please, read the entire list of parameters of the card under the Tariff and the General Terms and Conditions for opening, servicing and closing bank accounts of individuals and for providing payment services and instruments.
Issuing of the card
- Application for issuing a debit card for individuals
- Application for opening a bank account for an underage person
- Birth Certificate of the underage person
- Identity card of the underage person and of his/her parent
Request your Debit MasterCard Teens at any Bank branch.
Application of the card and specific characteristics
The debit card is accepted in more than 32 million merchant outlets throughout the world and by more than 1.9 million ATMs - wherever Mastercard is accepted.
Debit Mastercard Teens is a debit card with a special design.
It can be issued as:
- A main Debit Mastercard Teens card (with the explicit consent of a parent/guardian), including subscription to Bulbank Mobile.
- An additional debit card to the main Debit Mastercard held by a parent / guardian
The Debit Mastercard Teens will enable your child to:
- Make contactless payments - fast, easy and safely, with one motion, without entering a PIN code for purchases in the amount of up to BGN 50 in merchant outlets in Bulgaria with the contactless payments symbol.
- Pay for goods and services at POS terminals in merchant outlets in Bulgaria and abroad;
- Collect and pay using points for purchases at merchant outlets in the PLUS Programme.
- Withdraw cash at an ATM:
- Check the account balance (only applicable to main debit Mastercard Teens cards);
- Check information about the last 5 transactions (only applicable to main Debit Mastercard Teens cards).
The additional and main Debit Mastercard Teens cards do not allow the following transactions:
- Cash back
- Cash withdrawal at a POS terminal at a bank office
- Paying bills through ATMs in the system of BORIKA AD
- Cash M transfer in the Republic of Bulgaria at an ATM offering this service
- Cash withdrawal on a mechanical device - imprinter
How does contactless payment work?
You can use your card contactlessly, if there is the characteristic symbol on the terminal, following these steps:
- See the amount on the POS terminal display.
- Tap your card to the symbol on the POS terminal.
- The terminal makes sound and light signals and the transaction is complete.
In case of contactless payments abroad, the value of the payment below which the entry of a PIN code is not required is different and is defined by the Bank servicing the terminal and the international card organizations (ICO).
For example, the average limit for payment without entering a PIN code in Europe is EUR 25.
The process of card activation is now much faster and easier. After you receive your bank card you can activate it by changing your initial PIN code at an ATM of UniCredit Bulbank AD or at any other ATMs with the Borica AD* logo.
* The card activation and the change of PIN code is possible only at ATMs in Bulgaria!