What is Google Pay?
Google Pay™ is a digital wallet which provides secure, fast and easy way to make contactless payments in the retail network throughout Bulgaria, abroad, as well as on the Internet* and withdrawal from ATMs with contactless function. Expanding the possibilities for contactless payments at merchant outlets through watches with WearOS operating system, and for this purpose, the device must support a NFC functionality.
Which cards can be added?
Any debit and/or credit Visa card, issued by UniCredit Bulbank to an individual or legal entity, can be added on the Google Wallet™ app on your mobile device in order to make contactless payments in the retail network, including on the Internet.
How can you add a card in Google Pay Wallet?
1. Login to your Bulbank Mobile.
2. Go to “Cards” menu.
3. Press the button , which can be found under the card you have chosen to add and follow the instructions.
4. In case your card has been added to the Bank’s digital wallet when you press the button you will receive information that if you add the card to Google Pay™ it will remove it from the digital wallet and you will no longer be able to add it again, and you will only have the option to add it to Google Pay™.
5. Read and accept the General Terms and Conditions for using Google Pay™ and the General Terms and Conditions of UniCredit Bulbank.
6. All done! The card is ready to be used for payments with Google Pay™. If you have added a payment card in the Bank’s digital wallet, you will also receive an additional message, which you need to confirm in order to start making payments with Google Pay.
If you prefer to work on your desktop computer or laptop, you can also adjust Google Pay™ in the network of pay.google.com.
Where can you pay with Google Pay?
With Google Pay™ you can pay at merchant outlets, supermarkets, restaurants and anywhere a contactless POS terminal is available, in the country or abroad, and where one of the following symbols is displayed.
You can also pay on all apps and websites that support the service.
In order to pay with Google Pay, you need to check in advance if:
- Your device has a NFC functionality and whether it is activated.
- Your device has an Android operating system, version Lolipop 5.0 or higher and Google Play services installed on the device.
- You have the latest version of Bulbank Mobile.
- The Google Pay™ app is selected as the default payment app in your phone settings.
- You have set a device unlock method – PIN, pattern or fingerprint/face recognition..
How can you pay with Google Pay™?
- Unlock your phone using PIN, pattern or fingerprint/face recognition. You do not need to login to Bulbank Mobile or Google Wallet.
- Hold your mobile phone close to the contactless POS terminal.
- Upon successful payment, a symbol for the successful card reading will be displayed on your phone screen, the POS terminal will make a sound signal and print out a receipt for the transaction.
How to withdraw money using the Google Pay App?
- Unlock your phone using a PIN, pattern or fingerprint/facial recognition. You do not need to log in to Bulbank Mobile or Google Wallet.
- Put your mobile phone to the contactless reader of the ATM device and hold it.
- Upon successful ‘wake-up’ of the device, a symbol for successful reading of the digital card will be displayed on your phone screen and the ATM will make sound signal.
- Follow the menu and select the amount you want.
- Depending on the ATM software, it is necessary to enter the PIN of the card at the end or at the beginning of the transaction.
- Upon successful entry of the PIN, the ATM will give you the amount you want and will print out a receipt for the transaction.
How can the main payment card be changed?
Login to Google Wallet and find the card that you want to make a main card for payments through the service and press the “Make default for contactless” button.
How many cards can be registered in Google Pay?
You can add an unlimited number of cards to your digital wallet.
*Google Pay and Google Wallet are trademarks of Google LLC.