- Facilitated access to financing
- Improved loan parameters
- Reduced loan security requirements
Investment loans and working capital loans, including overdraft, revolving and standard working capital loans, VAT payments and conditional loans for the issuance of bank guarantees under a Guarantee Scheme for farmers approved for funding under the Rural Development Programme (2014 - 2020) and (2007 - 2013) and during the transitional period 2021-2022 as well as Enterprises in "Livestock" and "Crop" sectors.
Purpose of the guarantee
The guarantee scheme provides a guarantee from the National Guarantee Fund supplementing the loan security arrangement.
Amount of the guarantee
The guarantee can amount to up to 50% of loan amount, but not more than BGN 3,000,000 for the borrower and its affiliates.
Bulgarian Leva or Euro .
Who is it suitable for?
Farmers beneficiaries in both programe periods of the Rural Development Programme and enterprises in "Livestock" and "Crop" sectors - micro, small and medium enterprises under the Law for SMEs, namely enterprises with
Micro-, small and medium enterprises as specified in the SME Act, namely enterprises having:
- Up to 249 employees
- Annual turnover of up to BGN 97,500,000 or
- Value of assets of up to 84,000,000 Bulgarian Leva
The entities must be registered in Bulgaria in accordance with the valid legislation and should have no credit indebtedness classified as "non-performing exposure" or "loss" in the excess of BGN 2,500.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Working capital, including limits on bank guarantees, including advance payments, payment of VAT, etc.
- Speculative investment activities and speculative real estate transactions.
- Activities that are inconsistent with national law, including the Environmental Protection Act.
- Companies with unknown ultimate controlling owner
- Other activities prohibited by law;
- Activities involving fraud, illegal activities and other similar practices screened under internal rules and procedures of the Bank.
Yes, beneficieries with contracts from the previous program period are elidgible under this guarantee scheme, as well as farmers with activity in "Livestock" and "Crop" sectors.
No, companies whose ultimate controlling owners are registered in an offshore zone are not eligible for the guarantee scheme.