Who can apply?
Individuals with employment contract who:
Have declared and/or paid social security contributions for the last 6 months
Went or have been on unpaid leave due to COVID-19 crisis
Not receiving/haven’t received remuneration for other legal employment relationships
Will return/ have returned to the same job when unpaid leave expired
- Have declared and/or paid social security contributions
- Have interrupted their self-employment activities and/or have suffered at least a 20% decline of their income the first or any subsequent quarter of 2020 compared to the same quarter of 2019, as a result of the pandemic.
Terms and characteristics of the loan
- Loan amount: up to BGN 4500
- Currency: BGN
- Without loan collateral
- After the expiration of the grace period, the loan will be repaid in equal installments.
- 5 years repayment period (60 months)
- 0% interest rate
- 6 moths and no more than 24 months grace period
- No commission will be charged if the loan is repaid early
Application for interest-free loans does can be done via the Call Centre of the bank available at 0700 184 84 (short *18484) or in a UniCredit Bulbank’s branch. The clients can fill in the online form on for individual clients - and employees of the bank they will contact them.
For a loan in the amount of BGN 4,500, a grace period of 24 months for the repayment installments and a total term of the loan - 5 years, the monthly repayment installment after the expiry of the grace period is BGN 125. The costs for opening and maintenance of the account servicing the loan are described in detail in the Agreement for the relevant type of account, and according to the Tariff of UniCredit Bulbank for the fees and commissions for Individuals, applicable as of the date of their due payment. Pre-agreement information about a loan of BGN 4,500 with a term of 5 years serviced on a standard current account can be viewed here.
The loan program’s application period is open until 31.12.2020.
UniCredit Bulbank’s priority is to be a reliable and predictable partner of its clients. The bank have already offered several mechanisms with concrete relief measures for customers affected by the COVID-19 crisis, like moratorium approved by the BNB, and is now taking part in the program for interest-free loans for individuals, supporting them to get out of this unexpected crisis faster. We will support as well customers who need specific solutions.
Teodora Petkova, CEO and Chairman of the Management Board of UniCredit Bulbank.