UniCredit Bulbank will support its clients, affected by the COVID-19 crisis
The Bank is ready to support its clients affected by the COVID-19 crisis by offering them specific actions and a mechanism to facilitate the servicing of their credit obligations.
Who is it for?
Clients of the Bank, with the exception of credit institutions, that:
- Who already have or expect difficulties in servicing regularly their loan obligations under the signed contracts with the bank, in connection with the pandemic of COVID-19 and restrictions introduced by the new Measures and Actions during a State of Emergency Act, introduced by the Parliament on 13 March 2020, and their consequences.
- Have signed their loan contract before 31.03.2020.
- Have a loan obligation, including: consumer or mortgage loan, company loan, credit card, overdraft, etc
With regular payments or delay up to 90 days, as of March 1st, 2020 on their obligations.
How many and what installments can be deferred?
Mechanisms* for postponement, offered by UniCredit Bulbank to the clients, are:
not later than Dec 31st, 2020. The outstanding debt amount and the accrued principal during the grace period shall be repaid according to a new repayment schedule for the term up to 6 months longer than the original, depending on the number of deferral installments. To each installment of the repayment schedule (until the expiry date of the loan or reasonably shorter period, agreed with the customer) is added equal part of non-paid during the grace period accrued interest.
not later than Dec 31st, 2020. The due interest for the period is paid according to the original schedule. After the grace period expiration, a new repayment plan is prepared with the residual debt, including the non-paid during the grace period principal. The new repayment plan is extended depending on the number of the unpaid instalments, but for not more than 6 months.
Revolving of the credit line is allowed, no matter that due payments or part of them are not repaid (the oldest instalment might be the one due for February 2020). The payment of instalments is deferred for a period up to 6 months, but not later than Dec 31st, 2020.
No minimum payments for credit card is due since Feb 1st, 2020 for a period of up to 6 months and not later than Dec 31st, 2020. After the grace period, the minimum payment becomes due again and the obligation should be repaid based on the original contract.
For a 6-month period, but not later than Dec 31st , 2020, the due monthly interest payment for overdrafts is repaid from the non-utilized credit limit or the payment is deferred for up to 6 months after the grace period.
The possible support from the Bank to you and your business is not limited to the three mechanisms listed above. A team of experts from the Bank can answer all your questions and, if necessary, analyze the possibilities related to individual decisions. Contact us at the specially disclosed number 02 9337 260, on 0 700 184 84 or on the short number 184 84 for local mobile operators according to your tariff plan.
*The choice of the deferral mechanism is mutually agreed between the parties.
IMPORTANT: The request may include both overdue instalments prior to the application, as well as regular installments not due yet. If, as of the date of the request, the loan is regular, the deferral applies only for the future installments.
The date of the request for deferral does not change the total deferral period of up to 6 months, which period expires not later than Dec 31st, 2020.
How do you apply for deferral?
IMPORTANT! Application for deferral does not require a visit to a branch of UniCredit Bulbank. It can be done entirely through the bank's digital channels.
Also available to discuss the deferral are the employees at the Bank's Customer Contact Center at a dedicated number 02 9337 260 and also 0 700 184 84 (short 1 84 84 for Mobile operators).
In case information about the approach which we will use with the factoring products, the clients of UniCredit Factoring EAD may address their relationship manager to corporate clients within the subsidiary.
What are the deadlines?
The deferral request should be applied – online or via the Call Centre not later than 22.06.2020.
The grace period has a maximum term of up to 6 months, which expires by 31.12.2020, with each client having the opportunity to cancel the granted grace period earlier than foreseen and to request preparation of a new repayment plan.
Banking during COVID 19:
Frequently asked questions
The health and well-being of you, our customers and of our colleagues is our top priority. To ensure our services and operations remain available as usual without disruption we have put in place precautionary measures at our offices and branches. Our policies and procedures are in line with the heath authorities recommendations and the World Health Organization.
The bank continues to actively monitor the situation, always act in everyone’s best interest and do the right thing!
Up to date information with the working branches is available on the web site here, as well as the ATM network. Following the recommendations of the health authorities, we advise you to visit branches only if it is absolutely needed. In these cases, for your protection, please follow the required distance of 2 meters between you and the other people. We strongly recommended you to wear mask to cover your mouth and nose area.
Important! If you want to receive information related to your loan, to make a transfer or to check incoming transfers or the money in your account, there is no need to visit a branch. You can do all of these and many more, if you use the mobile banking app Bulbank Mobile.
The health and well-being of you, our customers and of our colleagues is our top priority. Changes in the working time of some locations gives us opportunity to assure additional cleaning and disinfection is regularly performed in the locations. In addition we have split the teams in such a way that allows us to service you, while at the same time we contribute to the limitation of the spread of COVID-19.
If a branch needs to be closed for full disinfection, the clients might be temporarily advised to use another nearby location.
To ensure our services and operations remain available as usual without disruption we have put in place precautionary measures at our offices and branches. Our policies and procedures are in line with the heath authorities recommendations and the guidance provided by the World Health Organization.
- All frontline employees at the branches are provided with protective masks, gloves and disinfectants and instructions for their proper use.
- In the branches additional cleaning and disinfection is carried out.
- In some locations we have provided additional safety glasses between clients and colleagues and continue to deliver new ones to the network.
- The limit of the contactless payments without requirement for PIN has been increased from BGN 50 to BGN 100. Thus in 9 out of 10 payments the clients will avoid touching the POS terminal.
- We recommend clients over 60 to use the affiliates only until 10:30 in the morning, and the rest if possible to bank thereafter.
- We recommend that clients and colleagues observe the distance of 2 meters according to the guidelines of the health authorities.
- We strongly recommend that clients that absolutely need to visit a branch should cover their nose and mouth area with a mask.
- UniCredit Bulbank clients can retrieve all relevant information on products and services and perform all main banking activities in a simple, fast and secure way through our following digital channels: Internet Banking, Mobile Banking, ATMs and Customer Contact Center.
- With the exception of our front-line colleagues at the branches, the bank has enabled many people to work from home, thereby reducing the chance of spread of COVID-19 without compromising on quality of banking service, etc.
We have a very clear protocol in this case, which aims to protect the health of clients and employees and to limit the spread of the virus. With a positive COVID-19 test, we strictly follow the recommendations of the health authorities and the colleague would be quarantined for 14 days. As a precautionary measure, the location in which he has worked is subject to immediate closure, cleaning and complete disinfection. In the case of colleague, working in a branch, the customers of that branch may be temporarily directed to another nearby location. The Bank is committed to recommending immediate quarantine to all customers or employees with whom the colleague has had recent close contact. The branch can only be reopened after complete disinfection based on the health authorities recommendation and with a new team. As a precaution against the virus, the bank employees wear masks and gloves, use disinfectants, observe the recommended distance, etc. UniCredit transparently and publicly reported one case to a colleague with a positive COVID-19 test, but not from a branch, but a colleague from the consumer lending company working in a non-bank-owned retailer. All measures were taken in line with the guidelines of the health authorities.
If we were notified that a person who tested positive for COVID-19 had visited our office or branch, we would apply all the measures described above as if our employee became ill.
No, you should not. The activation of Bulbank Mobile is entirely mobile. No need to visit a branch. You have only to complete the following steps:
- Download and install in your phone the app Bulbank Mobile from your app store.
- Enter in the app and chose the option “Become a customer”.
Fill in the short template that will appear on the screen. An operator from Customer Contact Center will call you as soon as possible to finalize the activation.
Call directly 15 333 from your mobile to receive the nessessary assistance to activate the service.
You can do this without visiting a branch or calling the Customer Contact Center. Through Bulbank mobile you can check if a transaction has been done with your debit card, even it is used for payment the very same day. How you can do that? Log in to your Bulbank Mobile and then go to Cards Menu. Then select the card that with which you made the payment. Information about the transactions will be displayed on the screen.
By calling the Customer Contact Center on 0700 1 84 84 or 1 84 84 from mobile phone all customers could:
- Get additional information about the cards, credits, accounts and savings you use;
- Receive after-sales assistance for all your products and services;
- Apply for a credit remotely, request a new bank card or account;
- Activate mobile banking and many more;
We are constantly in close contact with our colleagues via many internal communication channels and we provide them regularly with current news.
Yes! UniCredit is a solid bank with a strong balance sheet, committed to serving its customers and supporting the real economy in all geographies where we operate. As usual, you have access to your money via ATMs and in the branches. For transactions we recommend to use the digital channels, when possible. However, the safest place for your money is your UniCredit’s bank account.
„Yours and our employees’ health and well-being is UniCredit Bulbank top priority. Due to the COVID-19 you as a client may fall in a situation where you won’t be able to receive purchased services or merchandises. We as your partner will do all our best to help you to resolve the situation but at first you need to follow the steps bellow:
- Please, before filing a claim carefully read merchants Terms and conditions;
- Read the information provided by the merchant on his website about refunds or possible alternatives, for example vouchers;
- Try to resolve the dispute directly with the merchant. Due to the high volume of cancellations give the merchant reasonable time for response;
- If the merchant offered you a refund, please be patient – the processing of the refund may take longer than usual due to the high volume of requests;
- Due to government prohibitions on the merchants side there could be no refunds available.
If you do not succeed to resolve the dispute directly with the merchant, you may file a claim digitally or via our branch network and we will try to assist you and resolve the dispute with the opposite side. Please attach all documents and correspondence related to the disputed transaction. If you have any questions, we are on your disposal.”