- Bulbank’s privatization was completed on October, 2nd with the transfer of the Bank Consolidation Company's shares to UniCredito Italiano S.p.A and Allianz AG, which acquired 93% and 5% of Bulbank's share capital.
- The Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders, held on October 3, approved the new Statute of the Bank, introducing a two-tier management system of Supervisory Board and Management Board.
- Bulbank sold its share participation in Corporate Commercial Bank (99,9%), as well as that in United Bulgarian Bank (35%) and in HypoVereinsbank Bulgaria (49%).
- Procedure for the privatisation of Bulbank was opened.
- The share capital of the Bank was raised eleven fold and divided into 166,370,160 ordinary shares of non-denominated BGN 1 000 face value each.
- Bulbank diversified its electronic international card payment system by co-branding with Visa International and Europay International and continued the expansion of its branch network in the country.
The share capital of the Bank was raised threefold and was divided into 15,124,560 ordinary shares of non-denominated BGN 1 000 face value each.
- The share capital of Bulbank was raised to BGN 5,041,520,000.
- The Annual General Meeting of Shareholders passed a resolution for changing the name of BFTB to Bulbank (Bulgarian Foreign Trade Bank) AD. An interesting fact was that since its foundation, the Bank has been known among its foreign partners as Bulbank because of its telegraph and telex address.
- Bulbank's branch network expanded through the opening of the regional Bourgas Commercial Bank and Stara Zagora Commercial Bank.