Using debit and credit cards is a part of our everyday life and it is becoming more and more popular for online payments.
In relation to this we would like to warn you of an increased risk for bank card payments made on the Internet and ask you to consider the following recommendations:
- Be vigilant when making purchases from new and/or unfamiliar websites and online retailers offering attractive prices of goods and subscriptions. Make sure you are using the website of the actual online retailer and not of someone who strongly resembles it and copies it.
- Read carefully the delivery conditions, the return policy and the right to reject an order. Check the available information about the retailer, including any reviews and recommendations by friends of yours.
- Choose websites that are included in the programmes of Visa and Mastercard for secure bank card payments. In case the website does not support them, check if it is protected - look for the key or padlock symbols, and for “https://” before the web address.
- Keep your card data safe, dot not provide them to other people and do not leave them unattended at public places. Do not keep the PIN code together with the card on paper or other medium.
- Avoid free and public Wi-Fi networks when making card payments.
- Keep track of your account movements regularly and if you think that there is something wrong, please, contact us.
In case you have any suspicions about a fraud, loss or theft of a card, please, contact the Call Centre of the Bank in due time at 0700 1 84 84 (short number 1 84 84) or via e-mail: DbmmDfousfAVojDsfejuHspvq/ch.
Further recommendations and advice about fraud prevention are available on the website of the bank.
The team of UniCredit Bulbank