The Unicredit foundation has been working in support of academic studies and research as well as in the social and humanitarian field since 2003. Today, the foundation has launched 8 new contests for 35 scholarships and research grants in order to support the best talent in economics and finance amounting to over 1 million euros.
To support academic studies:
- 2 Crivelli Europe Scholarships - 18th edition, aimed at the best graduates in economics, banking and finance who wish to pursue a PhD programme abroad - starting in the 2020-2021 academic year. Each scholarship amounts to a total of 65,000 euros. Moreover, the Foundation has provided a special Crivelli scholarship worth 20,000 euros to partially cover the expenses related to a PhD course abroad. Online registration will be open until 15 November 2019.
- 3 Marc Fanno Scholarships 2019 aimed at students in economics, banking or finance, who are enrolled at European universities within the Group's scope of operations and wish to apply for a PhD course starting in the 2020-2021 academic year. Each scholarship amounts to a total of 65,000 euros (pre-tax) and includes any associated university fees. Online registration will be open until 15 November 2019.
- 15 Scholarships for Study-Abroad Exchange Programmes - 9th edition, aimed at students (undergraduate degree or master's degree) enrolled at least in the penultimate year of either an economics, finance or law degree at any European university (within the UniCredit perimeter) and wish to study abroad for 3 to 6 months. Each winner will receive a monthly cheque of 700 euros for the duration of the exchange and 1,000 euros for travel and any other related expenses. Online registration will be open until 15 November 2019.
To support research:
- 3 Top-Up Foscolo Europe Research Grant - 5th edition, will award the three best departments in economics or finance participating in the PhD job market in 2019/2020. The main objective of the competition is to attract the best young economists who might be working abroad back to Europe. The Foundation will award each winning department with an annual contribution of 50,000 euros, as a supplement to the remuneration and other contractual terms offered by the department to the chosen candidate. Submissions are open until 30 September 2019.
- 2 Borse Marco Fanno - 2nd edition, is aimed at the best departments in economics or finance at Italian state universities, assigning RTDB researcher positions (senior researchers) by 31 December 2020. The main objective of the competition is to help Italian state universities attract and retain the best young economists in Italy. UniCredit Foundation will award the researchers selected by the winning department an annual allowance of 15,000 euros for a three-year term. The competition will remain open until 31 December 2019.
- 4 Modigliani Research Grants - 10th edition, for researchers employed at any European university to complete a research project in economics or finance within a maximum period of two years. The four best research projects in economics and finance will each be rewarded with 10,000 euros (gross) per year. This award, paid directly to the winner, is annual and renewable for up to 2 years. Submissions will be open until 15 November 2019.
- 4 ECON Job Market Best Paper Awards - 6th edition, dedicated to young PhD students and doctorates in economics or finance who will participate at the European Economics Job Market event in Rotterdam in December 2019. The four winners will each receive a prize of 1,000 euros and attend the awards ceremony in Rotterdam. The papers must be submitted by 1October 2019.
- 2 SUERF/UniCredit Foundation Prizes - 6th edition, the two best papers on "Passive versus Active Asset Portfolio Management: Trends, Drivers, Risks" will each be awarded 2,500 euros. The winners will be asked to present their work during a dedicated conference on the same topic, organised by the UniCredit Foundation and SUERF (The European Money and Finance Forum) in Milan at the UniCredit headquarters in February 2020. The papers must be submitted by 15 October 2019.
More information on the competitions and application procedures are available at: www.unicreditfoundation.org
Additional media information:
Victoria Blajeva, tel +359 (0) 2 9264 993, wjlj/ebwjepwbAvojdsfejuhspvq/ch
Beatris Nikolova, tel +359 (0) 2 9232 528, cfbusjt/ojlpmpwbAvojdsfejuhspvq/ch
Ekaterina Ancheva, tel +359 (0) 2 9264 963, flbufsjob/bodifwbAvojdsfejuhspvq/ch