BDB loans for companies affected by COVID-19
How does the guarantee instrument work?
This new guarantee agreement between UniCredit Bulbank and Bulgarian Development Bank helps businesses overcome the consequences of the state of emergency. It is applicable for companies that are experiencing financial difficulties after 31.12.2019, due to the COVID-19 epidemic.
What are the conditions?
- New working capital financing - revolving loans for current liquidity expenses - for payroll, accounts payable to suppliers, etc.
- New investment loans.
- It is allowed to include existing investment and working capital loans.
- Maximum amount of exposure to the debtor and related parties for micro, small and medium enterprises (SMEs) is 1 million BGN and for large companies - 2 million BGN.
- Guarantee coverage - 80%.
- Deadline for application - December 20, 2021.
- Refinancing is not allowed.
- Grace period on interest and principal.
- It is utilized only with presentation of the documents for the expenses.
- Companies should not be overdue for more than 90 days in 2019.
- Easy access to finance.
- Applicable for companies with activity from all economic sectors.
- Quick approval procedure.
- Reduced collateral requirements - collateral is allowed for a maximum of 50% discount from the loan’s amount.
Price discount of 0.8% when joining the program.
Who is it suitable for?
Micro, small and medium enterprises (SMEs) (with employees up to 249 people; assets up to 84 million BGN and turnover up to 97.5 million BGN), as well as for large companies representing commercial companies according the meaning of the Commercial Act, operating in all the sectors of the economy, except the traditionally prohibited ineligible for finance activities, together with related enterprises, which meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Decrease in turnover after the first quarter of 2020 compared to the same period in 2019.
- Presence of uncollected receivables from customers or not paid amounts to suppliers after 01.03.2020
- Cases of illness and self-isolation of employees, overall reduction of the employees, closed production facilities, premises and offices.
- Terminated deliveries from import, necessary for the enterprise activity - after 01.01.2020, canceled export contracts.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Activities that are inconsistent with the national legislation, including the Environmental Protection Act
- Activities involving fraud, illegal activities and other similar practices screened under internal rules and procedures of UniCredit Bulbank.
- Other activities prohibited by law.
No, the loan cannot be guaranteed under another guarantee scheme.